It takes under 10 seconds for buyers to decide if they do not like a home. You only get one chance to make a first impression.
What is staging?
Home staging is the act of preparing a home for sale. The goal of staging is to appeal to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling the property more quickly and for more money.
Why use staging?
Staged homes sell 50% faster and at a selling price that is 6-10% higher than un-staged homes. Showing your house “as-is” can actually cost you money! Staging allows the property to be presented in an objective way that appeals to the buyer and shows them everything the house has to offer. Studies show that only 10% of buyers can visualize what a property will look like once it is upgraded.
Who needs staging?
Anyone who wants to sell their home at their asking price and fast should use staging. 90% of buyers will look online for homes before contacting a realtor so if a home doesn’t show well in photos, the buyer will not visit the home.
How valuable is staging?
When buyers see a house that is staged and is warm and inviting, they perceive a much stronger value. Staging can yield, on average, a 586% return on your investment. Your home is your most valuable asset, be sure you receive the most you possibly can from this asset.
How much does staging cost?
The investment in home staging will always cost less than a price reduction. The cost of staging can be anywhere from $150 for an in home consultation to 1-3% of the home’s value for upgrades.
What does staging entail?
Stagers offer an in home consultation where they will walk through the home and provide a list of what you should do to prepare your home to sell. They can also do part or all of the work for you, which may include:
- De-cluttering rooms. You are selling SPACE. Most people looking for a house have outgrown their current house so they are looking for more room.
- Organizing areas to show all potential space in the room.
- Re-arranging or removing furniture to show the most spacious layout.
- Adding updated decor to the space to add a visually appealing look to buyers.
- Painting to lighten and neutralize the look in rooms.
- Upgrading outdated fixtures to present a home that is modern and move in ready.